[R] SQL vs R

Eberhard Lisse nospam at lisse.na
Tue May 6 10:16:12 CEST 2014

Thank you.

My requirements are that simple. One table, 11 fields, of which 3 are
interesting, 30 Million records, growing daily by between 300000.

And, yes I have spent an enormous amount of time reading these things,
but for someone not dealing with this professionally and/or on a daily
basis, the documents don't help much.

el

on 2014-05-04, 05:26 Jeff Newmiller said the following:
> ?table
> ?aggregate
>
> Also, packages plyr, data.table, and dplyr.  You might consider
> reading [1], but if your interests are really as simple as your
> examples then the table function should be sufficient.  That
> function is discussed in the Introduction to R document that you
> really should have read before posting here.
>
> [1] http://www.jstatsoft.org/v40/i01/
[...]