[R] Difficulty with what is probably a basic function to retrieve data from a data frame.

KarlSmithByrne ks677 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Mar 2 18:26:41 CET 2014

I have a large genotype dataset. Each person can take the value Hom or Het
(Homozygous or Heterozygous variant), for example.

There is also a column variable that tells me if each "Hom" is also damaging
or activating, for example.

I am trying to write a function that will tell me how many "Hom" and "Het"
are also Damaging or Activating, and that are shared across all individuals
- without much luck.

As I see it, for individuals 1 through 40 I want to extract values "Hom" and
"Het" that are also "Damaging" or "Activating", provided this is true for
all other individuals.

This may be an easy task and I am just not getting it.

Thank you for any help you give!