[R] Principal component analysis with EQUAMAX rotation

William Revelle lists at revelle.net
Fri Jun 20 17:46:52 CEST 2014

Dear Wagner,
  I added the equamax rotation option to the psych package in version 1.4.6.  This was requested by Sagnik Chakravarty, with a solution by Gunter Nickel.

Unfortunately, the version on CRAN  is 1.4.5, but you can get 1.4.6 from the alternate repository  http://personality-project.org/r/  (if using a Mac) or  http://personality-project.org/r/src/contrib/   if using a PC.

Thus,

p3 <- principal(Thurstone,3,rotate="equamax”)  #will extract the first three components and rotate them using equamax.

Let me know if this does what you want.

Bill