[R] R and external C library " cannot open shared object file" while LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set

Pierre Lindenbaum pierre.lindenbaum at univ-nantes.fr
Mon Jul 28 10:52:02 CEST 2014

Thanks but that doesn't work: R cannot load a simple external library
even if the full path to the directory  is specified in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I posted a minimal example on gist.github:

https://gist.github.com/lindenb/7cd766cbb37de01f6cce

The simple C file is compiled but I'm not able to load the library.

Pierre

(...)