[R] information

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Jul 17 18:25:44 CEST 2014

You should read the Posting Guide for the r-help list, and the list
control web page. One problem with your post is that the r-help-request
address is not for asking questions. Another problem is that cross-posting
to multiple lists would not have been polite anyway.

Your question is really too vague... you need to provide some context to
keep the scope of answers manageable. For instance, if you don't know how
to use R at all, then you will need to work your way through some
introductory material on R (one such document is supplied with the
software). If you have specific questions that include working or broken R
code while you learn R then this would be a fine forum to ask questions
about that. If you don't actually know the theory of what you are trying
to do (I certainly don't), then you will need to obtain instruction in
that somewhere else.

Have you encountered the Statistical Genetics Task View web page on CRAN?
[1]

[1] http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Genetics.html