[R] Analysis of censored cost data

Ian Cromwell icromwell at bccrc.ca
Thu Jul 3 20:53:39 CEST 2014

Paul, I happen to be working on the exact same problem. If you found a
solution somewhere, please let me know. I will do the same if I stumble onto
a solution first.

Rich - cost information can be collected prospectively but be censored due
to incomplete follow-up or some other similar reason. This is common when
analyzing costs from administrative data sets, where records are collected
over time but not everyone has had the outcome of interest (death,
remission, whatever). The paper that Paul is referring to is here:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12229999