[R] Problem importing file in R after switching from windows to Ubuntu

Christian De Santis christian.desantis at stir.ac.uk
Fri Feb 28 22:47:01 CET 2014

Dear R List,

today i have installed Ubuntu as i decided to give this a try after running R in windows was always running out of memory in making my figures. I have copied my working folders into Ubuntu and changed the WD and the \\ into /. I tried to re run the script and it was going all well till i tried to read a csv database into R.

Annot <- read.csv("~/Documents/DATABASES/Functional_Annotations/Salar_2_Annot_light.csv", header = TRUE)
Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection In addition: Warning message: In file(file, "rt") : cannot open file '/home/cd46/Documents/DATABASES/Functional_Annotations/Salar_2_Annot_light.csv': No such file or directory

The code is right, and i checked it many times. I copied pasted in

setwd("~/Documents/DATABASES/Functional_Annotations")
and it works fine! The file is there too, i have checked and manually opened it. I know the message is telling me that he can't find the file or the directory but really, they are there and they are right (i think).

Can someone give me some suggestions? What could i try? Or even better maybe you have a solution.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.
Christian

--
The University of Stirling has been ranked in the top 12 of UK universities for graduate employment*.
94% of our 2012 graduates were in work and/or further study within six months of graduation.