[R] Run script automatically on several input files in the directory and produce separate outputs?

Thomas Barningham stbarningham at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 14:40:53 CET 2014

Hi,

I have written a script that currently reads in a .txt file where I
specify the name e.g

mydata<-read.table("a_date.txt", header=TRUE)

The script eventually produces a plot, e.g:

pdf(file="myfilename.txt")
plot(etc)
dev.off

What I want to do is run this script on several input files in my
directory, without having to manually change the input file name each
time, and produce the output plot pdf with the input file name as the
output file name. It would also be handy if my plot title is also the
input file name.

I'm relatively new to R so i'm not sure how to approach this. I
presume it's some sort of loop function, but i've never implemented
one of these before - any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Thomas
--
Thomas Barningham
Centre for Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences