[R] DateTime wrong when exporting to csv in R

Duncan Mackay dulcalma at bigpond.com
Wed Aug 20 15:44:21 CEST 2014

Hi

If you really need to have minutes and seconds etc in excel then use a
package that can write datetime columns that excel can read eg. access
rather that csv.
Microsoft is well known for changing dates and date formats - remember excel
is a worksheet application not a database - caveat emptor.

If you use a formatted date that excel can recognize then excel has less of
a tendency to change it.

Datetime is a pain in any language because of the irregularity of time.
Beware MS does not get it right if you are using dates from ca 1890 to 1910

Duncan

Duncan Mackay
Department of Agronomy and Soil Science
University of New England