[R] DateTime wrong when exporting to csv in R

Wed Aug 20 14:55:49 CEST 2014

This problem is in Excel or your use thereof, not in R, and is therefore not technically "on topic" here.

FWIW I am aware that localization of Excel can change the default date formats for input. I suspect that your installation of Excel has a different default date format than you are using in R (like MDY) that is attempting to convert the file before you start messing with formats. This would incorrectly interpret some cells and fail entirely for others (leaving those cells as strings). My suggestion is to have R output MDY rather than DMY. If that is not satisfactory then you probably ought to ask for help in an Excel forum.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing