[R] Should there be an R-beginners list?

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Nov 25 16:58:22 CET 2013

Joran (on StackOverflow chat, funnily enough) has just pointed us to this:

http://www.win.tue.nl/~bvasiles/papers/cscw14.pdf  "How Social Q&A
Sites are Changing Knowledge Sharing
in Open Source Software Communities"

which includes a graph of postings to R-help and questions tagged
'[r]' on StackOverflow. By the end of 2012 SO was getting about twice
as many [r]-tagged questions as R-help was getting new threads.

The paper is a very detailed discussion on the use of mailing lists
and discussion sites.