[R] r documentation rugarch egarch

randomsamson joh.mo at web.de
Sun Nov 17 08:44:11 CET 2013

First I want to apologize for posting in the wrong list. As I`ve experienced
very similar issues with respect to other R packages I thought that my
question was related to a general problem of mine when using the R help and
R documentation (and that this rugarch issue was just an example). That`s
why I thought this list here might be more appropriate.

As I`m not a native english speaker it`s hard for me to get all the subtle
details of Mr. Newmillers answer. But if I`m not wrong there is a relly
strong derogative atmosphere. I think even if I`ve made a mistake (what I`m
sorry for) this is not a nice way to help newcomers. And even If it`s hard
to imagine for a native-speaker: None of my translators could give me an
adequate translation of the word "vignette". Google didn`t help either. But
thanks for the hint to use google, this is a very smart idea I`d never had
figured out myself.

Besides, the STATA forums I used to search are also supported by non-paid
people. They even manage to treat each other with some respect.