[R] r documentation rugarch egarch

randomsamson joh.mo at web.de
Sat Nov 16 23:49:28 CET 2013

Hi,

I`m about to switch from STATA to R and have serious troubles to find proper
documentations on the internet.
Right now I try to find a proper documentation of the eGARCH model being
part of the rugarch package.

Neither here
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/rugarch/vignettes/Introduction_to_the_rugarch_package.pdf
nor here
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/rugarch/rugarch.pdf
could i find some information that was helping.

In this post
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/RUGARCH-eGARCH-and-variance-targeting-td4634896.html
someone proposes to read the "vignette on how the unconditional variance is
calculated for the eGARCH
model"
I don`t know what is meant by vignette.

The R-built-in help function tells me about eGARCH: "assymetry term: gamma1"
Thanks a lot R-help. This is relly a lot of information.

I`d like to find out about the eGARCH model notation used in R, the settings
and estimation techniques that are used and/or can be configured in this
case, ...

When searching the internet I`ve also not been very successful.

When working with STATA I`ve so far never had troubles to find the right
information.
So i think I`m not in general too stupid to do some search on the internet.

Please can anyone tell me what this "vignette" is supposed to be and where
to find it?

Thanks a lot,
Samson