[R] Writing a hyperlink to a csv file

Marc Girondot marc_grt at yahoo.fr
Sat Mar 16 23:43:00 CET 2013

Le 16/03/13 15:42, Jeff Newmiller a écrit :
> What Excel does or does not recognize as a url in any particular instance is up to Excel. The CSV format itself has no concept of markup that would allow you to convey this idea. HTML does, and I think Excel can import HTML, but I have never tried intentionally using HTML as a data exchange format for Excel.

I confirm that an URL is not recognized as url if in .csv file.
The solution if to generate .xml file in R in XML pakage and read it in
Excel.

The .xml file should be like:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Workbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet">
  <Worksheet ss:Name="TEST">
   <Table>
    <Row ss:Index="3">
     <Cell ss:Index="2" ss:HRef="http://www.google.com"><Data
ss:Type="String">http://www.google.com</Data></Cell>
    </Row>
   </Table>
  </Worksheet>
</Workbook>

Sincerely
Marc

Marc Girondot, Pr

Laboratoire Ecologie, Systématique et Evolution
Equipe de Conservation des Populations et des Communautés
CNRS, AgroParisTech et Université Paris-Sud 11 , UMR 8079
Bâtiment 362
91405 Orsay Cedex, France

Tel:  33 1 (0)1.69.15.72.30   Fax: 33 1 (0)1.69.15.73.53
e-mail: marc.girondot at u-psud.fr
Web: http://www.ese.u-psud.fr/epc/conservation/Marc.html
Skype: girondot