[R] does R read commands from scripts instantanously or seuqently during processing

Thu Mar 14 17:52:32 CET 2013

Your use of the "<" redirection operator is an operating system feature, not an R feature. I am not aware of any operating system that that would function properly in the use case you describe.

It is possible, and common, to construct your input file as a stream as you go. But a stream is not a file on disk.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing