[R] Reading multiple csv files with a for loop

Dzu dizem.uerek at alumni.fh-aachen.de
Mon Jun 17 11:01:31 CEST 2013

Dear R-help users,

I am quite new in R. I have multiple csv.files with different size. I would
like to read them by using a for- loop and parallel by reading I need to add
a new column which can be specified by myself.

But my for-loop does not work !
Could somebody give me any idea ?
Many thanks!

myfiles <-list()
for ( i in 1:11) myfiles[i] <- read.csv(toread,header = TRUE, sep=")
names(myfiles) <- paste(myfiles)
mytotalfiles <- myfiles

#sample the data by the number of the columns by adding a new column
sample(i1, 1000, replace = FALSE, prob = NULL)
for n <- 1000
sample <- myfiles[sample(nrow (df), 1000),]