[R] Linear Model with Discrete Data

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu Jun 13 23:21:34 CEST 2013

Lorenzo:

1. This is a statistics question, not an R question.

2. Your statistical background appears inadequate  -- it looks like
Poisson regression, which would fall under "generalized linear
models". But it depends on how "discrete" discrete is (on some level,
all measurements are discrete, discretized to the resolution of the
measurement process).

3. So I would advise seeking local statistical help. Getting
statistical advice remotely over the internet (even on a proper forum
for statistical advice, which this is not) is fraught with hazard and
the risk of bad science (not due to incompetence or maliciousness;
just due to the possibilities of misunderstanding and confusion) --
imho only, of course.

Of course, feel free to reject this and proceed at your own risk.

Cheers,
Bert