[R] [R-SIG-Mac] problem with the installation of r commander on a mac

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Jun 12 22:52:01 CEST 2013

Dear Susanne,

You started this thread on r-help (though R-SIG-Mac would have been more
appropriate), and so I'm copying my response to the r-help list. People will
find it confusing if the messages are simply kept private.

It's not obvious to me exactly what your problem is now. In particular, is
the Rcmdr package working when you start XQuartz before R?

I see that you've installed and loaded the FactoMineR package. Presumably
the Rcmdr package was already installed. Then you executed an R script
provided by the authors of the FactoMineR package, which reinstalls and then
modifies the Rcmdr package. I think that this is ill-advised (as opposed to
providing an Rcmdr plug-in package for FactoMineR, as used to be the case),
and if you're having problems with their script, you should really contact
the authors.

If I read the messages correctly, the script produces warnings, not errors,
oddly relating to the language you're using (odd because the authors of the
FactoMineR package are French) and it's possible that everything will work
correctly despite the warnings.

I hope this helps,
 John

le