[R] Error: Line starting ' ...' is malformed!

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Mon Jul 29 16:47:34 CEST 2013

A recent version of the R extension manual says,

"For maximal portability, the ‘DESCRIPTION’ file should be written
entirely in ASCII — if this is not possible it must contain an ‘Encoding’
field (see below)."

It also says, regarding the DESCRIPTION file,

"Fields start with an ASCII name immediately followed by a colon: the
value starts after the colon and a space."

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
7000 East Ave., L-627