[R] Loop question?

Andras Farkas motyocska at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 12:31:04 CET 2013

Sorry Jeff, probably the new version of Yahoo mail doing the html, I switched back to the older one hope that takes care of the problem. Let me clarify the code below:

TINF <-1
a <-c(500,750,1000,1250,1500,1750,2000)
b <-c(8,12,18,24,36,48,60,72,96)

infcprodessa <-function (D, tin, tau, ts)
     (D * (1 - exp(-0.048 * tin))/(tin * (0.048*79) * (1 - exp(-0.048 * tau)))) * exp(-0.048 * (ts - tin))

z <-sapply(1:1, function(n) infcprodessa(a,TINF,b,b-TINF))

so I am looking to find the combination of a = 1000 and b = 12, which iz a value for "z" that would fall between 15 and 20. Sometimes though there may be more than one combinations that will meet criteria, in that case I would like to select the combination based on the smallest "a" value that has the respective "b" value to meet the criteria,

sorry for the confusion,

thanks,

Andras