[R] How to drop unused factors in faceted R ggplot boxplot?

Niec ggorczynski at golder.com
Thu Jan 24 19:13:12 CET 2013

Thank you, Jeff. I think I should have been more clear.  I don't want to
modify my data. I need to create a series of box plots for different sites
(north and south in my example but there are many more) but I don't want
empty rows in my plot - for years when data was not collected. I tried to
make separate plots and join them with grid.arrange and it plots the layout
I want but I can't get the boxes in all plots have uniform look (width), see
the screenshot:
<http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4656535/2013-01-24_0949.png>

And thank you for pointing out the shortcomings of my posted data sample.
I'll be better prepared next time.