[R] How to drop unused factors in faceted R ggplot boxplot?

Thu Jan 24 08:35:35 CET 2013

Your example is not reproducible. [1]

Usually we use subset() or vector/array indexing when we want to work with part of the data. Apparently you want to exclude rows that specify "north" for which the year does not have a corresponding row with the same year and specifies "south".

southidxs <- with( test, "south" == site )
southyears <- unique( test$year[southidxs] )
subset( test, !("north"==site & !year %in% southyears ))

(untested)

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing