[R] Anova and tukey-grouping

arun smartpink111 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 14:33:00 CEST 2012

HI,

I guess there is a mistake in your code.  You should have used "typ" instead of "abun" as "abun" is the dependent variable.
summary(fm1 <- aov(breaks ~ wool + tension, data = warpbreaks))
myresults    <-  TukeyHSD(fm1, "tension", ordered = TRUE)
library(agricolae)

HSD.test(fm1,"wool",group=TRUE)
#Study:
#HSD Test for breaks
#Mean Square Error:  134.9578
#wool,  means
#    breaks  std.err replication
#A 31.03704 3.050609          27
#B 25.25926 1.789963          27
#alpha: 0.05 ; Df Error: 50
#Critical Value of Studentized Range: 2.840532
#Honestly Significant Difference: 6.350628
#Means with the same letter are not significantly different.
#Groups, Treatments and means
#a      A      31.037037037037
#a      B      25.2592592592593

A.K.