[R] Query on how to do maximum likelihood fitting of a functional (MLFR)

Jose Iparraguirre Jose.Iparraguirre at ageuk.org.uk
Fri Sep 7 12:01:37 CEST 2012

Turgut,

I'm afraid you'll have to write it by yourself.
Dhanoa and Sanderson (Can J Zool, 66:821-823, 2010) mention the FREML Excel add-in written by Ripley and Thompson (available on the Royal Society of Chemistry's website at the moment of writing that paper) and that the simulation and extrapolation procedure has been implemented in R (Simex package) but they remark that "simple linear regression typically would not be a candidate for SIMEX analysis".
Hope this helps, and good luck with your piece of coding!
José

José Iparraguirre
Chief Economist
Age UK