[R] R suitability for development project

Eric Langley eric at abeo.us
Tue Sep 4 13:34:03 CEST 2012

Jim,

Thank you again for your response. The integer conversion looks good.

You wrote:
> I think you may be doing something here that you don't intend. The point of
> plots like this is to transform numeric values into lengths or areas. If you
> don't maintain the same metric throughout the plot, the relationship between
> the two is lost. If you were using vertical lines to indicate the
> transformed mean ranks of the items, they could be placed at the appropriate
> positions. As you use different edges of the bars to place them, let's see,
> your bars are about 90 units wide so there would be about a 180 unit offset
> between positive and negative transformed mean ranks. Are you sure that you
> want to do this?

I note:
Yes, the bars are half the width of the axis. In this model there are
14 questions to determine the ranking. My concept is the all of the
Items are ranked. Even though some Items may not be ranked in some
positions, 1,2,4 or 4, they still receive a rank. Therefore with 14
ranks all of the bars are the same width. There position along the
horizontal axis is determined by the right edge of the bar for highest
rank.

~eric

--
Eric Langley