[R] Changing radii line type in radial plots

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Thu Oct 25 12:41:01 CEST 2012

On 10/25/2012 05:06 AM, bwone wrote:
> I am using the package plotrix radial.plot(). Yes, radial.plot() has a line
> type argument, lty, but that is for the polygons or the radial lines, not
> the radii or axes of the radial plot.....unless I am doing something wrong.

Hi bwone,
No, there is no way to change the line type of the grid in radial.plot
at the moment. If you need to have different line types, you could
change two lines in the function:

polygon(xpos,ypos,border=grid.col,col=grid.bg)
polygon(xpos,ypos,border=grid.col,col=grid.bg,lty=my.lty)

if(show.radial.grid) segments(0,0,xpos,ypos,col=grid.col)
if(show.radial.grid) segments(0,0,xpos,ypos,col=grid.col,lty=my.lty)

I might be persuaded to add yet another argument to the function if
anyone else wants different line types.

Jim