[R] Q - scatterplot, plot function & trellis linear regressions???

Simon Knapp sleepingwell at gmail.com
Sat May 19 13:36:03 CEST 2012

I presume you mean car::scatterplot

A1) plot is a generic function for plotting 'things' and scatterplot
is a specific tool provided by that library

A2) from the documentation one infers that
      1) the straight line is a regression line
      2) the other lines are produced using loess
           a) the solid line is fitted to the data
           b) the dotted lines are created by: "a smoother is applied
to the root-mean-square positive and negative residuals from the loess
line to display conditional spread and asymmetry"

A3) you forgot the data argument (at least).

Cheers,
Simon