[R] Transfering data from R list to other document format

pannigh pannigh at gwdg.de
Tue May 15 12:56:14 CEST 2012

Dear users,
I want to transfer a list of results from R to some practical format, from
where I can continue manipulating, copying,... the values, e.g. :

list1 <- list("My first list", matrix(1:6, ncol=3), c(1,2,3,4,5,6) )
# Imagining I forgot something and want to add it to the list like:
list1[[4]] <-  list(c(4,4,4), "This is it")
# Now I want to transfer the list to e.g. a text document:
lapply(L1, write, "test.txt", append=TRUE, ncolumns=100)

However, this does not work and I don't know why. Also I would be interested
in better options to get lists out of R (with tables I never had any
problems).

Thank you for your help and ideas!