[R] Resampling question

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Fri May 11 03:06:47 CEST 2012

No, it will not, except possibly by chance: if the draws of sample are
IID (and they are supposed to be) there's no reason to expect them not
to overlap.

If you want that -- and I'm not sure it's totally on the level
bootstrapping-wise -- you need to decide which ones to remove all in
one fell swoop:

Something like this:

ToDrop <- matrix(sample(100, 50, replace = FALSE), ncol = 10)

apply(ToDrop, 2, function(x) pop[-x])

Michael