[R] PPM to BMP converter

ZHANG Yingqi zhangyingqi at ivpp.ac.cn
Wed May 9 00:31:39 CEST 2012

Dear all,
        Several days ago, I posted How to write a bmp file pixel by pixel. Instead of bmp, I succeeded in writing a PPM file by using the pixmap package. Thanks for the hint generously provided by Uwe Ligges.
        Now I have a new question. How to convert a PPM file to BMP file in R? I know I can do this in photoshop or by some other softwares, but I think if I Can do this in R, that would be great! Would anyone please give me any hints? just hints, I will dig it out! Thanks a lot!

Yingqi

Yingqi ZHANG

Beijing P.O. Box 643, China 100044
Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology (IVPP)
Chinese Academy of Sciences
Tel: +86-10-88369378     Fax: +86-10-68337001
Email: arvicolid at gmail.com