[R] Trouble with a loop

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 00:43:38 CET 2012

Hi Kerry,

Right now at each iteration, you just overwrite everything.  If you
want a matrix, you need to instantiate Score as a matrix and then
assign the results into each element of it.  That said, I do not think
you really need a loop.  rpois() is vectorized, so you can in one pass
generate a large vector of data and use that for your model.

We do not have things like T, but something like:

Score <- matrix(NA, nrow = n.simul, ncol = 12)

for (your loop) {
  Score[, i] <- your formula
}

each of your models then would be assigned into the ith column of the
Score matrix, giving you the final product you expect.

Cheers,

Josh