[R] Trouble with a loop

kerry1912 kerry1912 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 5 20:15:36 CET 2012

I am trying to run this loop but it keeps coming up with the following error:

'Error: no function to return from, jumping to top level'

n.simul <- 1000
A <- {for(i in 1:12){{
nT <- rpois(n.simul, T[i])
nP <- rpois(n.simul, P[i])
nD <- rpois(n.simul, D[i])
nC <- rbinom(n.simul, nT, C[i])
Score <- (5*nT + 2*nC + 3*nP + 3*nD)
}
return(Score)}}

My aim is to calculate nT, nP, nD and nC (which predicts the number of
tries, penalties, drop goals and conversions scored in matches, which are
simulated 1000 times which give 1000 scores)  then to use these to calculate
the Score using these and multiplying by a constant for teams 1 to 12.

So i am expecting this to give me a 1000 x 12 matrix of simulated scores

Please ask in any other information is required.
Many Thanks