[R] package ‘rggobi’ is not available (for R version 2.15.0)

YTP cprice at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 16:11:11 CEST 2012

I don't know what a "binary package" or  "install from the sources" means. At
any rate I think I have found a simpler solution to my problem.

I read the following in the rggobi package readme file:

Packages
	Cubist, OSACC, RSvgDevice, RSVGTipsDevice, SNPassoc, SNPRelate, eco,
	gcmrec, gdsfmt, magnets, mht, rggobi, survrec
are only available for 32-bit installations and R < 2.15.0.

So I downgraded my version of R to 2.14 and it appears to work fine now.  I
don't know why such a simple key fact is buried in the middle of a text
file, or not advertised more readily, but maybe this will help someone else.