[R] Apply() on columns

faelsendoorn f.a.elsendoorn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 07:25:31 CEST 2012

Hi,

Yes, the columns are related: V1 is related to V6, V2 is related to V7 and
so on. The columns V1,V2,V3,V4,V5 contains the number of employees (in a
filling team). The columns V6,V7,V8,V9,V10 contains the number of worked
hours of the filling team.
What I am interested in is the average working hours per employee. Therefore
I have go give some graphical and numerical summaries to present the average
working hours per employee.  The function that I must use is apply().

How can I present with that function a graphical and numerical summarie of
the average working hours per employee? [some example and explanation would
be respected]

Yours,

FA Elsendoorn