[R] How to find best parameter values using deSolve n optim() ?

mhimanshu bioinfo.himanshu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 14:20:47 CEST 2012

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Might be the Bimodal/Biphasic behavior is due to the ODE model.

Now I am working on "modMCMC" function of FME. This is strange this function
sometimes works fine  but other times I am getting following errors and
warnings.

Error in modCost(out, yobs, weight = "std") :
  error: cannot estimate weighing for observed variable:  Y
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In lsoda(y, times, func, parms, ...) :
  an excessive amount of work (> maxsteps ) was done, but integration was
not successful - increase maxsteps
2: In lsoda(y, times, func, parms, ...) :
  Returning early. Results are accurate, as far as they go

I have read through the manual also but couldn't figure out the error.
The code works fine if I fix some of the parameter (pars) but it gives above
errors if i pass all the parameters(pars). Can you explain why this is
happening?