[R] How to find best parameter values using deSolve n optim() ?

Thomas Petzoldt thpe at simecol.de
Thu Jun 7 09:05:31 CEST 2012

On 6/6/2012 3:50 PM, mhimanshu wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> This code seems to be fine and its now working well.
>
> I read the about the FME package, but I have one doubt, as in the data set
> given in the paper, it showing a nice kinetics of the viral growth, so my
> question is what if there is a sudden increase in viral growth after some
> interval, say Bimodal growth curve?
>
> How does it fits the bimodal growth curve? I tried with FME but I am not
> getting the desired results. May be you can explain me a little, I would be
> really grateful to you. :)
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Himanshu

Hi and thanks for the feedback,

regarding your problem with a "bimodal growth curve" I am not completely
sure what you mean. However, I suspect that failing to fit a bimodal
behaviour may not be caused by parameter fitting with FME, but instead
would need extension of the underlying ODE model.

Thomas