[R] noob requesting help

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Fri Jun 8 17:34:49 CEST 2012

Hello,

Try something along the lines of

res <- lapply(split(dat, list(dat$id, dat$trip)), function(x) x[x$time
== min(x$time), ])
do.call(rbind, res)

Note that 'data' is an R function, so I've called it 'dat'.
And that the column names are not exactly the same.

Also, you should follow the posting guide and post a data example using
dput(). Like this:

dput(head(dat, 20))  # or 30, see ?head

Then copy the output of that instruction and paste it in your post.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

Em 08-06-2012 14:02, capital_P escreveu:
> I'm fairly new to R and still learning how to use it. I could really use some
> help with the following problem.
>
> I have a huge .csv file containing thousands of measurements on 34 different
> birds. Measurements include longitude,
latitude, altitude, speed, time, etc.