[R] Chi square value of anova(binomialglmnull, binomglmmod, test="Chisq")

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Jun 5 15:49:35 CEST 2012

On Jun 5, 2012, at 4:52 AM, lincoln wrote:

> Thank you for your commentaries and suggestions.
>
> Site 0 and site 1 are interpretable like events.
> In fact these data come from a simultaneous observations of
> individuals in
> two different sites (so they are independent observations: while one
> individual is observed in one site it can't be in another).
>
> Each individual is assigned to age "0" (first year of age), or
> "1" (all the
> rest); even though it may seem a very strong (brutal?) pooling, from a
> biological point of view it makes sense given these two classes of
> individuals are quite homogeneous in their dispersal behavior within
> each
> age class (0 or 1). The goal of this analysis is just to
> characterize their
> dispersal behavior (which individuals stay home at site 0 and which
> ones
> disperse to site 1?

This is making me think you really have multiple observation on the
same individuals (and that persons make transitions from one state to
another as a result of the passage of time. That needs a more complex
analysis than "simple" logistic regression. You might consider posting
a more complete description of the study on the SIG Mixed Effects
mailing list.

--
David.