[R] Extracting arithmetic mean for specific values from multiple .txt-files

vimmster superdodge at gmx.net
Tue Jul 10 19:06:29 CEST 2012

Dear Rui,

thank you very much.

Your solution works perfectly.

One last question:

I need to write a function, with ONE value (here: a ratio) for the correct
reactions divided per trials or trialCount, respectively, FOR EACH test
subject.

"/" means "divided by" in the following.

I need the ratio correct (reactions)/trial or correct
(reactions)/trialCount, respectively (because trial and trialCount are the
same WITHIN test SUBJECTS; BUT they differ in length between BETWEEN test
SUBJECTS!).

It would be very helpful, if I had a data frame in the end in R, with one
column for
"trialCount"/"trial", one column for "correct reactions"(= 1) AND (more
importantly) one column for "correct (= 1) answers / trialCount".

legend (just as additional information) for the variable "correct":
1 = correct reaction
2 = false reaction
3 = reaction too slow
4 = reaction too fast
5 = more than one button pressed
6 = no reaction within RT window

I would be very thankful for an answer!

Sorry for the questions, but I am doing this for the first time!

Kind regards