[R] Is R BOOT package available for 2.15.1 version for Mac OS?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Jul 7 15:16:03 CEST 2012

On Jul 6, 2012, at 6:31 PM, SergeyHC wrote:

> David, thanks for your helpful response.
>
> Now i figured out that I do have boot command and do not need to
> install any
> additional packages. With regards t R GUI, I guess I would like to
> use it,
> but I could not figure out how to install it. For now I downloaded
> R-2.15.1.pkg file, which I could instal as a regular Mac app.

If you are using it "like a regular R app" then you _are_ using the R
Mac GUI. Only if you were opening Terminal.app and then typing R at
the command line would you be using the unvarnished version of R. With
the GUI running you have menu items including "Packages&Data" and the
Package Installer in that menu is very handy.

> There is also
> Mac-GUI-1.51.tar.gz file, but when I open it it's just a folder with
> bunch
> of files, and I could not find there anything which would look like
> dmg
> file. If you could share any tips here, I would be very grateful.
> Sorry for
> very basic questions, but as you see, I am quite new to R and also
> do not
> have eng background, so it's kind of foreign environment for me. But I
> really want to get to grips with R, since it looks as very promising
> application.

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT