[R] Printing from R Console in colour

Greg Snow 538280 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 20:51:58 CEST 2012

As has been mentioned, the windows GUI will not do this for you, but
here are some options.

You can save or copy the transcript file and load it into an R syntax
aware editor (e.g. emacs with ess and others) which will do the
coloring/formatting for you and may be able to print with the
coloring.

You can create the transcript using the etxtStart function in the
TeachingDemos package which can then be converted to a file with the
coloring (future versions will aslo create rtf or pandoc markdown
files to do something similar).

You can use the knitr package (or relatives) to run your code and have
the input vs. output nicely formatted.