[R] Error from Brugs "'r for windows gui front-end has stopped working''

Jin Minming jminming at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 25 09:55:25 CET 2012

I forgot to add the R codes. The following are the codes I used for this problem:

###    Step by step example:    ###
library(BRugs) # loading BRugs

## Now setting the working directory to the examples' one:
setwd(options()$OpenBUGSExamples)

## add a simple loop
for (mn in 1:100){

## some usual steps (like clicking in WinBUGS):
modelCheck("Ratsmodel.txt")          # check model file
modelData("Ratsdata.txt")            # read data file
modelCompile(numChains=2)            # compile model with 2 chains
modelInits(rep("Ratsinits.txt", 2))  # read init data file
modelUpdate(1000)                    # burn in
samplesSet(c("alpha0", "alpha"))     # alpha0 and alpha should be monitored
modelUpdate(1000)                    # 1000 more iterations ....

samplesStats("*")                    # the summarized results

## some plots
#samplesHistory("*", mfrow = c(4, 2)) # plot the chain,
#samplesDensity("alpha")              # plot the densities,
#samplesBgr("alpha[1:6]")             # plot the bgr statistics, and
#samplesAutoC("alpha[1:6]", 1)        # plot autocorrelations of 1st chain

# force to print the current loop number
flush.console()
print(mn)
}