[R] Error from Brugs "'r for windows gui front-end has stopped working''

Jin Minming jminming at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 21:08:08 CET 2012

Dear all,

I just try to run the example in R brugs packages, but not only once. Loop is added in this example. After several times (7, 11, or other random number), there is an error message "r for windows gui front-end has stopped working". This happened in two laptops with windows 7 and vista. I have tried different versions of R (2.14.1 and 2.13) and Brugs packages (0.7.1 and 0.7-5). But it works well in a computer installed with Windows XP system.

Anyone has some idea how to avoid this crash in Windows Vista or 7 system?

Thanks,

Jim