[R] Splitting a data list into smaller data lists

lawonga andy.halomaster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 02:02:25 CET 2012

Hi, I am new at R and have been looking for a guide on how to do this with no
avail. I have a data set similar to this:

X   Y
1   2
3   3
4   9
2   4
6   3
9   1
1   7
0   2
5   6
3   8

and I need it to be split into something like this:

X   Y
1   2
3   3
4   9
2   4
6   3

X  Y
9   1
1   7
0   2
5   6
3   8

I am thinking I need to write a loop because my data set is much larger than
this (1000) and I need it all organized into smaller data sets of 5's. Can
someone point me in the write direction?

Thanks,
Andy