[R] (no subject) low memory in rjava

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 21:44:31 CET 2012

One other thing to try is to convert this to an ".xls" type file.  I
use XLConnect a lot and have noticed that the execution times (and
probably the memory usage) is greater for ".xlsx" workbooks since
these are actually '.zip' files internally and therefore have all the
decompression to go through and probably some other things.  You might
also put

print(memory.size())

at the end of you 'for' loop to see if memory usage is growing.  You
might not see it as part of the R memory depending on how the JVM is
handled, but it worth an attempt.  If you have Windows, you can also
use the task manager to monitor memory usage.