[R] Is there a package to output midi files for sonification of data

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 02:37:06 CET 2012

Suzen, Mehmet <msuzen <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Greg,
>
>  you can try tuneR :
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/tuneR/
>
> Best,
> -m

  tuneR writes Wave (.WAV?) files as output; it can also write output
suitable for lilypond input -- and lilypond can write MIDI output.

  Bottom line, I think you may have to use an external program to
convert Wave to midi, or something.  It wouldn't be too hard to
write ABC (http://abcnotation.org) output and run it through abc2midi ...

http://rpubs.com/bbolker/3237 is an example of some stuff I was
playing with recently along these lines.

  I don't see any midi input anywhere ... library("sos"); findFn("midi")
doesn't give a lot of hits ...