[R] R graphs from database

Suzen, Mehmet msuzen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 18:27:08 CET 2012

Hi David,

I suggest you to have a look at packages that can extract data from
sql or nosql databases and graphics. CRAN task views would help:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Graphics.html

The point is there are lots of alternatives. If you would like to use
web-based visualisation d3 is becoming very popular. For that reason
I suggest the combination of ggplot2, D3 (http://d3js.org/) and extracting
data from databases using RODBC or RMySQL, depending on your
data source. A good web server interface is Rook,

Hope it helps,

Best,
-m