[R] Filling Lists or Arrays of variable dimensions

Tim Howard tghoward at gw.dec.state.ny.us
Fri Dec 21 13:44:56 CET 2012

Jessica,
In terms of initializing your list for populating it in a later step, I think this partially gets at your question -- it removes the upper loop assignment, but then does require a loop to get the second level. Perhaps there's something here you can work with ...

height<-c("high","low")
width<-c("slim","wide")

l <- vector("list",length(height))
names(l) <- height