[R] How to make Ordinary Kriging using gstat predict?

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Mon Dec 17 18:22:12 CET 2012

The gstat manual at http://www.gstat.org/gstat.pdf says on p16 that  "When no variograms are specified, inverse distance weighted interpolation
is the default action (Fig. 2.1, example [6.3]).
When variograms are specified the default prediction method is ordinary
kriging Journel and Huijbregts (1978); Cressie (1993) (example [6.4] and
example [6.8])."

It looks like reading that manual may be useful ...

S Ellison