[R] ggplot geom_smooth colour

soon yi soon.yi at ymail.com
Mon Dec 17 16:44:59 CET 2012

Hi

Yes i had look at this but it doesnt quite do what i am wanting. I do not
want the smoothed line to be coloured, or dependant on a factor or the
default blue.

An example,

library(ggplot2)

df<-data.frame(y=rnorm(100,30,10),x=rnorm(100,20,5),treat=factor(rbinom(100,1,0.5)))

	p1<-ggplot(df, aes(x=x, y=y,group=treat))   + theme_bw() +
	geom_smooth(aes(linetype=treat),method="lm", se=FALSE, fullrange=T,size=1)
+
geom_point(aes(shape=treat),size=3) +
	scale_shape_manual(values=c(1,16))

	p1

The fitted lines are blue - whereas i wish them to be black.

Adding colour="black" into the geom_smooth aesthetic does not change the
line colour to black.

thanks, sy
soon yi wrote